WOODBRIDGE, Va. (WDVM) — Early Thursday morning, authorities from Prince William County Police Department arrested a man for drunk driving that resulted in a car crash, killing a mother and sending her two children to the hospital.
The drunk driver, Ronal Eriberto Gullien, was charged with aggravated DUI manslaughter for the killing of mother, Lataja Ikea Reena Wilkens in the crash.
“He collided with a vehicle occupied by an adult woman and her two, small children. The occupants of that vehicle were transported to an area hospital where the driver was pronounced deceased,” said First Sergeant Jonathan Perok, Public Information Officer, for PWCD.
Gullien continued in the wrong direction on Springwoods Drive in Woodbridge until he collided with Wilkens’ car. She was not wearing a seatbelt when he struck her car. Wilkins was rushed to the hospital with her two children where she later died.
Wilkens’ two children, ages six and eight, are still hospitalized. The accident is still under investigation.
- 8 West Virginia laws you may have broken without realizing
- Study shows almost half of fatal cancer cases linked to avoidable risk factors
- CDC confirms Nebraska child died of brain-eating amoeba
- McDonald’s testing Chicken Big Mac: What we know so far
- Governor Youngkin wants to set aside $400 million for another round of tax relief