UPDATE 1/4 11:40 p.m. — Police arrested and charged 20-year-old Kenyatta Lee Oglesby.

The child who died was a 3-year-old girl. The other victims were a 17-year-old girl, a 16-year-old girl, a 14-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy. Police said that all of them were taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. All of them lived at the home, and all except for the 14-year-old boy are siblings. Police said they all are extended family.

Police said they quickly identified Oglesby as a person of interest in the shooting and started a search. An officer was at a nearby business on Richmond Highway and saw Oglesby.

Kenyatta Lee Oglesby (Prince William County Police Department)

The officer took him into custody without incident. Police said he “became uncooperative” with officers about what led to the shooting. They found two guns during the investigation.

Police later found that Oglesby had been staying at the home on Milroy Drive. They said he was in a relationship with the 17-year-old girl. Police said he shot the five after an altercation when he shot the 17-year-old girl in front of the house and the other four inside the home.

A 13-year-old boy was in another part of the house and was uninjured.

Anyone with any information or video is asked to contact police.

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. (DC News Now) — Members of the Prince William County Police Department were investigating a shooting at a home in the Dumfries area Wednesday that left one person dead. They said four other people were hurt in the incident.

Officers went to the home in the 17900 block of Milroy Dr. around 10:50 a.m. after they received a report of a shooting there. First Sgt. Jonathan Perok with the Prince William County Police Department said members of the Town of Dumfries Police Department arrived before the county officers got there.

Perok said the town officers found one of the victims outside of the home.

A neighbor named Abdulai rushed to help when he saw them arrive, saying “I told the police I’m CPR certified and I work at the hospital, he said ‘oh yeah, jump in and help.'”

Abdulai said the officer used tourniquets to control the bleeding.

Officers went inside to find the four others, including the child who died. The ages of the other victims have not been released All five people had gun-related injuries.

“This one appears to be domestic-related. It’s unfortunate that these domestic encounters and arguments are escalating to this point,” Perok said. We’ve seen gun violence across the area and across the country increase over the last few years.”

Perok said that the person whom investigators believe was responsible for the incident knew at least one person at the home. Survivors were able to give a description of him and his possible name to police. Officers found him a short time later, took him into custody, and began talking to him.

Medics took those who survived the shooting to the hospital with serious injuries.

“It’s an unfortunate situation, especially to have a deceased victim so young and hopefully the other victims will survive and hopefully help us paint a picture of what exactly occurred here,” Perok said.

Some neighbors weren’t surprised to hear about a shooting but were relieved it wasn’t worse.

“It’s a good thing the rest of the other kids who play around are still at school or it could have been even worse or more devastating for them,” said neighbor Sharif Conteh.

A gun was recovered at the scene but it’s unknown right now if it’s the gun used in the shooting.