Full story can be viewed here.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WDVM) — A second suspect involved in the robbery of an Old Town hotel Monday morning turned himself in to Virginia State Police late Monday night, officials say.
Mitchell David Thompson, 26, of Alexandria, is being held on one felony count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Police responded to a report of shots fired at 5 a.m. Monday at a hotel on First street. Two suspects fled the scene, leading to a foot pursuit by police.
Shots were exchanged between police and one suspect at the intersection of North Royal Street and Second Street, where one officer was shot and sustained non life-threatening injuries. The suspects again fled the scene, police say.
Almost 30 minutes later at 6:24 a.m. police exchanged fire with one of the suspects, where the suspect was killed.
Alexandria Police and Virginia State Police continued to search for Thompson, and Thompson turned himself in to state police Monday night.
The identity of the slain suspect and injured police officer have not yet been announced.
Additional charges for Thompson are pending, and investigation by police is still ongoing.
- Penn State rallies from 18 down in second half to defeat Ohio State 83-80
- John Whitmire defeats Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in Houston mayor’s race
- 6 dead, nearly 2 dozen injured after severe storms tear through central Tennessee
- 6 dead, nearly 2 dozen injured after severe storms tear through Tennessee
- All clear after bomb threat at Takoma Park restaurant’s drag brunch and storytime