WASHINGTON (DC News Now) — The District’s historic Eastern Market is celebrating 150 years in operation with its Novemberfest.
The market opened on November 12, 1873, at 225 7th St. SE.
The fundraiser takes place at Eastern Market North Hall, 227 7th St. SE. Tickets are $25 per person and include a $10 food/beverage token.
The event continues through Saturday and Sunday with loads of activities for visitors to enjoy.
On Saturday and Sunday, visitors can enjoy performances and presentations on stage at 7th Street and North Carolina Avenue SE.
Saturday on stage:
- East City Bookshop Story Time | 9-10 a.m.
- Stuart-Hobson Jazz Band | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- HumTunes | 11:30-1:30 p.m.
- Too Much Talent | 2-4 p.m.
Sunday on stage:
- Tara Hoot Story Time | 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Lorenz & Karen | 11-Noon
- Anniversary Ceremony | Noon-12:30 p.m.
- Rock Creek Kings | 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- The BillAlfred Project | 3:00-4:00 p.m.